Running to Her Dreams and I’m A Runner and So Can You – Very Inspirational Blogger Awards
The woman who writes Running to Her Dreams and Andy at I’m a runner and so can you bestowed the Very Inspirational Blogger Award upon me a short while ago. Unfortunately I’ve been far too busy to give their generosity its proper due so I’ve put if off until I could at least acknowledge it fairly…
Thank you both, from the bottom of my heart (technically the top and middle too), I appreciate it greatly.
Now for the rules: I’ve linked their posts, now seven things about myself…
1. I’m working on a super-secret, new, inspirational company. Trademarking has taken forever so I’ve had to keep it close to the vest until everything’s done (on the advice of my attorney).
2. Outside of the blogosphere I believe in humility – I just don’t advertise it because only idiots and jerks have to tell you they’re humble. Oh, and while I may be a humble fella, I do have a very healthy opinion of myself. It’s a delicate balance.
3. I can’t get over how cool it is that I love who I am. It was like, all of a sudden I woke up one day and thought, “wow, you’re okay! You actually turned into something good”… It’s an awesome feeling..
4. Quitting stuff is hard and even though I’ve had a lot of practice at it, I wish I was a little more pure as the driven snow.
5. I have a hard time remembering names because I figure, “what’s the chance I’ll ever meet you again”, so I file that info in the “not important” bin. 90% of the time I’m right, and the other 10%, I’m that guy: “What was your name again”? It sucks and is one thing that I don’t like about me. On the other hand, if I do remember your name, you know you’re important to me. In fact, if you’ve been away from blogging for a while and I sent you a little “hey, how ya doing” message… Yeah, you’re something else.
6. I hate doing new things until I find out I love them… Take Laser Tag for instance. I was going into that dreading the evening. “Oh, how silly and nerdy is this going to be”… I’ll be damned if I didn’t have a blast.
7. I hate swimming in cold water. Freaking hate it. While we were on vacation on Lake Michigan I actually thought about skipping getting into the lake because the water was pretty chilly. I got to thinking about how bummed I would be if my dad refused to get in the water with us when I was a kid (my girls were all over me to go swimming with them) so I bit the bullet and got in. I wish I was less of a wimp when it came to cold water – I wish I was more like my girls.
Now, for the blogs that I find Inspirational: First, I really dig Andy and Running to Her Dreams’ blogs (linked above) so if you don’t already follow them, give ’em a look and I really enjoy Chatter Gets Fit. Then there are my old standby’s, Elisariva, All Seasons Cyclist, bikevcar, Sandra at Promise to Dad and so forth (see my blogroll). I have a couple of new one’s to add to that list:
First is a woman who goes by “Phoenix40213” and writes the blog The Rebirth of My Life. We all know I have a soft spot in my heart for those who are recovering – from just about anything. So it seems she’s starting on the right path but only time will really tell.
Then there’s Pandora at soveryslightlymad… The reason that I find her inspirational is a bit of an inside story that I won’t get into here. Just know she’s cool.